About Me

My photo
My name is Alex and I am a full-time student nurse living in Birmingham. I thought I'd blog my way through my training to give others some insight and information, as well as giving myself a lovely reminder of how far I've come on this seemingly long and sometimes difficult journey. Enjoy!

Thursday 17 May 2012

Personal Safety... Week 7

The amazing thing about nursing is it has SO SO SO much to do with social skills. And lots of what we cover I think, gah this is just common sense. But it's almost so much common sense, that people with common sense forget it! Haha, sounds ridiculous but when you are taught a procedure sometimes you can forget that you aren't talking to a robot patient. They are real people with real lives.

I am going to try my absolute hardest to NEVER forget the patient.

But today we had a lecture on personal safety, how to talk someone down from a rage and how to prevent the rage from happening in the first place! I love what I'm being taught but they only teach you something once, and don't revisit it, so I am going to have to go over EVERYTHING.

But I suppose that's what uni is all about, no spoons to feed me any more!

I'm going home tomorrow and I cannot wait :D
I miss my boyfriend family and best best friend so much, will make it all the better to see her again :)

That's it for now folks!
Alex

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're really enjoying it and the change of course was the best decision ever!x

    ReplyDelete