About Me

My photo
My name is Alex and I am a full-time student nurse living in Birmingham. I thought I'd blog my way through my training to give others some insight and information, as well as giving myself a lovely reminder of how far I've come on this seemingly long and sometimes difficult journey. Enjoy!

Tuesday 18 February 2014

This Seriously Annoys Me!!...Year 2 Week 47

When someone asks you to call somewhere about a patients results. They give you no extra info, nothing about what the results you're looking for actually are or what they mean.

I had this today and the receptionist who answered said she had no medical training so didn't know what I was asking for and I'm thinking NEITHER DO I!! So I had to give the phone to the nurse who went far and wide to introduce herself (which she never does usually) and explaining blah blah blah. Loads of info she didn't give me so obviously I wasn't going to be competent on the phone.

Basically she showed me up big time which I didn't appreciate!

The annoying thing is, I'm very capable, and so long as you explain to me what you want me to do etc I will do it to the best of my ability.

So yeah! Shown up and annoyed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment