About Me

My photo
My name is Alex and I am a full-time student nurse living in Birmingham. I thought I'd blog my way through my training to give others some insight and information, as well as giving myself a lovely reminder of how far I've come on this seemingly long and sometimes difficult journey. Enjoy!

Thursday 27 February 2014

Female Catheterisation...Year 2 Week 48

I've had a really good day on placement today :)

Managed to FINALLY do a female catheterisation woohoo!! (Never thought I'd be excited about putting a tube up a lady's who-ha!).

And the nurse I was with today let me take control so I basically did everything minus compression bandaging. I was calling the patients, calling the GP, writing up requests for prescriptions etc. felt like a proper little nurse :):).

Also, I was given a go at compression bandaging yesterday, was interesting! Obviously I was supervised 100% but it was a good experience.

Happy Ali

Still can't wait for placement to be over though haha

Hope you're all okie dokie?

xxAlex xx

No comments:

Post a Comment