About Me

My photo
My name is Alex and I am a full-time student nurse living in Birmingham. I thought I'd blog my way through my training to give others some insight and information, as well as giving myself a lovely reminder of how far I've come on this seemingly long and sometimes difficult journey. Enjoy!

Wednesday 29 January 2014

2nd week of Placement...Year 2 Week 44

I want to make sure I drop in on at least a weekly basis whilst I'm on placement :)

I went with the clinical case manager (community matron) today, was interesting! Basically it's a paperwork heavy job. Not something you'd want to do while in the early stages of your career that's for sure!

I had to go back to the house with dog poo and more on the floor...lets just say the smell was stronger than I remembered, I wretched.


Also, I am so so worried that I failed my OSCE. I forgot to handover that my patient needed more regular obs and an urgent medical review due to a NEWS score of 8, I keep thinking that must be counted as dangerous practice... I am so scared to fail because the retake is on my 21st birthday when my boyfriend is supposed to be organising a couple of days away! wahhhhh :'(

Pray for me!

x Alex x

No comments:

Post a Comment