About Me

My photo
My name is Alex and I am a full-time student nurse living in Birmingham. I thought I'd blog my way through my training to give others some insight and information, as well as giving myself a lovely reminder of how far I've come on this seemingly long and sometimes difficult journey. Enjoy!

Friday 23 November 2012

Florence Nightingale... Week 34

Who's this lovely lady?


The beloved Florence Nightingale.
This may be a little OTT, but a patient told me i was the reincarnation of Florence Nightingale yesterday ^.^

I was particularly happy!
I love and strive to make sure my patients feel comfortable, have water, food and feel happy to speak to me. After all, the nurse is supposed to be the patient advocate.
I totally love my new ward though, and the patients are great. I can feel myself improving all the time it feels amazing :)

We had a student forum meeting at the hospital on Tuesday, it was so good we met with some 3rd years in their management placement and they just told us what it was like and gave us some advice. It was so good to see where we will be in a year (omg only just over a year til I'm a 3rd year!!!)

Sorry for being so moany in my last post haha, I'll blame it on the hormones ;)

Any questions guys??
x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex,
    It's great to hear that your week is improving :) I can't wait to start placement and (hopefully!) have lovely experiences like this. I'm about to start adult nursing in March and wondered if you could give me some advice on what you did to prepare for the course, or in hindsight, what you wish you'd done to prepare?
    Loving your blog btw. I was glad to find that you also make vlogs and blogs about makeup too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks so much, umm just keep an open mind. If you want to get ahead do lots of reading with all the stuff the uni give you. But also don't get too stressed, it's only 1st year at the end of the day. You have the rest of your life to be stressed about nursing! Good luck xxx

      Delete