About Me

My photo
My name is Alex and I am a full-time student nurse living in Birmingham. I thought I'd blog my way through my training to give others some insight and information, as well as giving myself a lovely reminder of how far I've come on this seemingly long and sometimes difficult journey. Enjoy!

Sunday 25 January 2015

Placement is over!... Year 3 Week 43

Hey guys,
I bring good news. Not only have I completed my 12 weeks final placement and got signed off with Pass* on all aspects of assessment (yippee!), I also found out that I passed my dissertation!!!

I finished an agency shift and went straight to uni, picked up my results and went to the car before I opened it. Not only did I pass, I got 62%!!! I really couldn't believe it, and couldn't stop crying for about 10 minutes as I called my family and boyfriend to let them know. I really didn't know what to expect and that mark blew me away.

So this means I have completed all assessments and placements and managed to bag myself a 1st class degree!!!

So this is me just letting you all know, no matter what you feel might be holding you back and stopping you from reaching your dreams, you can do it :)

All I've got left is a couple of days in uni to get the run-down on getting our PINs and starting work, how exciting.

I hope you're all well :)

xx Alex xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex, I have been reading your blog from top to bottom after discovering your YouTube channel and its been absolutely worth every minute. I have been sharing this with my friends as i've been so inspired by your story. I am currently waiting for offers from the unis I applied to for Child Nursing. Good luck for the future Alex. You will be a great nurse :D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thats such a compliment! I'm so pleased my blog has helped you, it means a lot to me. Good luck with your future x

      Delete