About Me

My photo
My name is Alex and I am a full-time student nurse living in Birmingham. I thought I'd blog my way through my training to give others some insight and information, as well as giving myself a lovely reminder of how far I've come on this seemingly long and sometimes difficult journey. Enjoy!

Thursday 24 July 2014

Placement as a 3rd Year... Year 3 Week 17

Hey guys!

It's been far too long and I have no excuse as for why! Here's some info on what makes up my 3rd and final year :)

8 weeks of uni - done
1 week A/L - done (went to IBIZA woooo)
9 weeks of placement - doing
6 weeks of uni
1 week A/L
12 weeks placement
1 week uni

*DONE*

How mad is that guys? As for assessments here's what it looks like:
Nursing Practice 4 - 2h exam on subdural haemorrhage and anaphylaxis (30 credits)
Policy and Politics - 3,000 word assignment (30 credits)
Dissertation - 6,000 word literature review (30 credits)
Transition to Qualified Practioner - 10q numeracy exam and presention (30 credits)

3 of my modules will make up my final classification along with my best grade from 2nd year (76.5%).


So, atm I'm on CCU (coronary care unit) which includes a ward setting and an acute CCU. I'm enjoying it and feel like I have a lot of knowledge to gain from the staff and patients. But I do feel I am becoming more capable and the role of a staff nurse is only just out of my grasp.

Hope you are all well and I'll make sure to update you on my progress :)

Really struggling to revise atm because of a lack of motivation, an exam, an assignement and placement all at once! Phew.

Seeya x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alex
    My name is Alex too :)
    I am doing my Access to Health course at the moment with a view to applying for Adult Nursing. I am 27 and leaving a highly paid job running my own business to do it - and am shitting myself to be honest.
    Just wanted to say thanks for this blog and your vids because they are giving me great insight. Are you at BCU or Bham Uni?
    Good luck for the rest of your year chick
    x

    ReplyDelete