About Me

My photo
My name is Alex and I am a full-time student nurse living in Birmingham. I thought I'd blog my way through my training to give others some insight and information, as well as giving myself a lovely reminder of how far I've come on this seemingly long and sometimes difficult journey. Enjoy!

Thursday 16 April 2015

As one door closes, another one opens...

It's all over, no more year and week count on my posts because uni is over and I am now a qualified nurse working full time! Never thought I'd see the day, but here it is!

I'm now on my 3rd week, still supernumerary until next week which is good.

Unlike lots of people, I qualified in a different county and therefore a different trust so i made the difficult choice of moving to a new place for my first job.

The first 2 weeks were enjoyable but really tough. I felt like I had started all over again, I didn't know anything especially because my trust does everything so differently (drug charts, paperwork etc) but after asking everyone a million and one question I'm slowly getting to grips with it all.

And most importantly...I'm loving it!

I had my induction this week and went on my band 5 transition today which is my preceptorship. There are lots of opportunities and the trust is very proactive with skills and development. I get to do a masters once I've finished my preceptorship if I want to!

Anyway, just thought I'd drop in and say hi, I hope you are all doing well. I am living proof that uni does end and you will get there!

x

2 comments:

  1. It's so GOOD to see you finish your training and start as a qualified! I'm just finishing 2nd year child nursing and have followed you since your first video about nursing! Please don't stop with the blogging and vlogging, it keeps my spirits up and enables me to see the light at the end of the (very long) tunnel! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It good to see u enjoy what you are doing, I'm currently in college and everyone I talk to tell me that it soo hard and that you won't have a life. I want to know what is more stressful at university the placement or university work. Also on the university website they say that it is 50% placement and 50% of university, does that mean 50% of the year is like that or the week. And on the placement do you have to do nightshift and how long are the placement usually.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete